Rules of Entry
- The prize is awarded annually
- Entries should be published translations of full-length works of imaginative and creative writing of literary merit and general interest, published in the original Arabic after, or during, the year 1967
- Entries for the 2021 prize must have been first published in English translation between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021
- Entries can have been published in English anywhere in the world but must be available for purchase in the United Kingdom via a distributor or on-line
- Entries can be by one or more translators
- Entries can only be submitted by a publisher
- There is no limit on the number of submissions made by a publisher
- Five copies of the translation and three copies of the original work should be submitted
- The closing date for receiving entries is 31 March each year
- The judges can call in eligible titles that missed being entered by their publisher
- The judges shall have one meeting, where they will choose first a shortlist and then select the winner.
For any queries and further information, please email: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting entries for the 2021 Prize has now passed.
There is an online form to complete, as follows:
1 Go to this link: https://www.societyofauthors.org/Prizes/Translation-Prizes/Saif-Ghobash-Banipal
2 Scroll down to the turquoise bar and click ENTER NOW.
3 Complete the online entry form for each translation you are entering.
4 Click SUBMIT when the form is completed
5 Send entries to:
THE SAIF GHOBASH BANIPAL PRIZE
THE SOCIETY OF AUTHORS
24 BEDFORD ROW
LONDON WC1R 4TQ